Q:Why do I need to wear a mask in surgery now restrictions have lifted elsewhere?
We are continuing to follow NHS England guidelines on PPE in the surgery.
The surgery environment is different to other places outside your home for a number of reasons:
• Patients with viral symptoms are coming into the surgery for medical assessment
• Patients other serious medical problems that make them high risk if they caught covid such as cancer treatments are attending nursing and doctors appointments
• Medical examinations and procedures break social distancing rules
• if a staff member tests positive then the service is compromised for other patients
• staff in the surgery wear a mask for 8 hours a day or more please wear yours for your appointment.
Please wear a visor if unable to wear a mask and ask at reception if needed.
Thank you so much for your cooperation and ongoing consideration for our staff and fellow patients.