If you are 50yrs or older OR have a pre-existing medical condition that places you at higher risk if you caught covid you are eligible now. Lowther Medical Centre have now attempted to contact every patient in groups 1-6 for their first doses.
There are now several ways to book a jab:
1) via online national booking service- patients have received invites directly from national centres via letters or text messages. We are not in control of these appointments or where they are and slots are updated when the centres have new supplies so please keep trying these if initially none locally are available.
2) via community PCN clinics: these appointments are for patients within the catchment areas for each GP surgery. Our Copeland PCN are booking anyone above by calling 01946 599998 or email [email protected] (please make sure you put an up to date contact number on it)
3) via your GP surgery. Surgeries are given different supplies of vaccines and different intervals. This means the surgeries are usually at short notice and we will contact patients or advertise online when we get new batches.
What you can do to help:
1) if you have your vaccine booked elsewhere but are contacted by your surgery via text PLEASE reply to this. This means we can count you as done and offer the vaccine to someone else.
2) Do not directly contact the surgery about National centre appointments as we cannot change these.
3) if you have a relative or neighbour fitting groups above follow the instructions above.
Second doses – you will be contacted directly for these appointments. We are currently planning these and we will update you as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for your support with this!